Unlock maximum allowed node count per level

PEW
Script
Script

Unlock maximum allowed node count per level

Post#1 » 22 Apr 2017, 23:04

Most players have a AI that does not work quite well. If they see some inefficient behavior they might just put some more condition in it. But that only makes it worst in other cases. They'll pretty likely end up with a chaotic AI and if they don't play for a few days it is hard to go back and make any useful improvements. So I'd suggest to set a limit of nodes count per AI so that new players are more often forced to start with a new AI from scratch. This should help them to get things right. If you have more experience you should be allowed to use more nodes. Recently I posted a tiny AI that proves that more nodes is not always better and that a small AI can be very powerful.
(http://gfx47.com/games/Gladiabots/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=647)

Or maybe there could be a different career mode where only a certain amount of nodes is allowed. Just something that forces players to rethink the basics of their AI.
Last edited by PEW on 23 Apr 2017, 02:26, edited 1 time in total.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Re: Unlock maximum allowed node amount per level

Post#2 » 22 Apr 2017, 23:19

I would say "yes" but then we know that a lot of players already complains that they do not have a sniper (that is, that they have less than other players). Imagine if one would limit the node count.

Aside from the fact that I suppose that very few, due to the editor lag, would start to have large AIs, normally those do not perform really well.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

PEW
Script
Script

Re: Unlock maximum allowed node count per level

Post#3 » 23 Apr 2017, 02:31

But this might be a general problem of the level system. Maybe it would be better if you unlock everything or at least the maximum node count if you reached Master League and not a specific level. Also not having a sniper is a real disadvantage while you could still be competitive with ~50 nodes. And 30 nodes are more than enough for Gold or Platinum League.

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Re: Unlock maximum allowed node count per level

Post#4 » 24 Apr 2017, 00:18

30 nodes are enough for Grand Master

Return to “Feature Requests”