Replay rematch function?

CappBot
Script
Script

Replay rematch function?

Post#1 » 02 Apr 2017, 13:25

I looked and did not see this idea anywhere else, apologies if I missed it.

What if you could rematch yourself against a replay with a different AI? Make a tweak and try again vs the same setup you played previously.

I'm guessing the AI that a player used is recorded in the replay. If not this would probably be a big hassle to implement.

It seems like it would be more fair to limit it to your own replays. Being able to practice against setups you have never actually faced yourself smells cheesy to me.

Kheops
Script
Script

Re: Replay rematch function?

Post#2 » 02 Apr 2017, 15:16

Interesting but I think it would be unfair to be able to rematch indefinitely a top player until success without risking ELO points.

CappBot
Script
Script

Post#3 » 02 Apr 2017, 18:22

I can see that, though really it is just rematch vs a snapshot. I imagine top players are still evolving their AIs too.

Maybe a limit on the number of replay rematches? Or an ELO/league cap. No 1400+ AIs allowed.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#4 » 02 Apr 2017, 19:49

We discussed this in the past, same for private unranked games. They would just kill the little activity that is there. Grand master league has 1000 games per day, so less than one per minute, not really high considering that after a while people are ready and want to test on many maps.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Return to “Feature Requests”