Change the winner of tied scores

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Change the winner of tied scores

Post#1 » 25 Feb 2017, 22:38

It doesn't really make that mush sense that if both teams draw in score, but one team has half their team, and the other has their entire team, so instead, can draws between score on resource battles be handled the same be handled like a KTA game rather than always being a draw

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Re: Change the winner of tied scores

Post#2 » 25 Feb 2017, 23:12

I disagree, the best score should force players to do better. If you mow down half of the enemy team without capturing, then it is a tactical problem. Why having the advantage if it cannot be used for the final win?

Nullpointer already asked for more time and holding 5 minutes without capturing is a lot.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#3 » 25 Feb 2017, 23:20

Well, the idea isn't to remove the factor of the score (the whole purpose of the mode, I just think that if the score comes to 2-2 on SYP and one team definitely had the advantage, then they should get it rather than having to take a draw on it.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#4 » 25 Feb 2017, 23:22

But you remove it. If there is 2-2, one team is at advantage, then 5 minutes should be enough to go 3-2. If not, draw. There is no such thing as unlimited time.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Botique
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#5 » 25 Feb 2017, 23:36

I will not agree. My bots has algorithm to behave differently when health is damaged. So they tend to have different overall behaviors at the last minute(s) of the match so technically you cant say that one or anothher team "had advantage" as you wont know if there is behavioral changes depending of time. So formally your assumption breaks down when bots behavior is loosely function of time which might be the case of changing behavior depending on health which does not regenerates.

Uthael
Script
Script

Post#6 » 26 Feb 2017, 00:54

If we have the same score and my team is stronger in numbers, I should win. If not, my strategy is lacking and I didn't deserve that win anyway.

If my team is weaker in numbers, I'll try my best to not lose. If losing one bot meant defeat, what would be the point of continuing the fight?
<extra fancy signature>

Return to “Feature Requests”