Uthael
Script
Script

Quick deleting of AI modules

Post#1 » 21 Feb 2017, 19:00

Mark a module
Order deletion
Confirm

Current way of deleting AI modules. Useful for making small corrections or if you missed the Duplicate button and clicked on Delete. But right now, it's a pain to delete every module in a big AI branch.

When Undo makes it into the game, you can remove the "Confirm" step.
When multiple module selection comes into the game, that could save us a lot of finger/cursor aim and travel time.

But before that, how about a better version of the trash can? Activate it once and start tapping/clicking on modules you want to delete. They get marked red. Unmark your accidents by tapping them again. Tap the Delete again to confirm deletion of all red modules.

So, even if you're deleting a single module, it takes 3 actions. Same as now. It's quite foolproof and if you want to be extra safe, you can always make a duplicate before deleting a lot of stuff.
<extra fancy signature>

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Re: Quick deleting of AI modules

Post#2 » 21 Feb 2017, 22:22

Toggling selection will be part of the multiple selection.
https://trello.com/c/8QxsEpQd/65-select-multiple-nodes

Uthael
Script
Script

Post#3 » 21 Feb 2017, 22:58

Hope we won't have to tap and hold each box on phones xD
<extra fancy signature>

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#4 » 20 Mar 2017, 19:34

I did not find other entries on trello (I'm filtering with the AI editor label) although it was discussed here.

I would like to add some requests for the AI editor because it is a limiting factor, even more than the ai editor lag.

- Undo/redo (with history of 3-5 clicks?)
- I hope that selection of nodes will allow also "paste" other than "delete", if so the comment from sethcohn is very nice: "paste as new AI, turn selection into subtree".
- Allow to copy selected nodes in the clipboard, to paste them in another - already existing - subtree.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

harthag
Automaton
Automaton

Post#5 » 20 Mar 2017, 23:06

Yes, please

Return to “Feature Requests”