End of battle stats

Hamster
Script
Script

End of battle stats

Post#1 » 15 Feb 2017, 08:49

Didn't see this on the roadmap....

So the basic idea here is that at the end of the fight we get a stat breakdown of what our bots did.

So at the end of the fight we get something like:

Code: Select all

Shield/Health Damage done:  X/X
Shield/Health Damage taken: X/X
Confirmed Kills: X
Resources collected: X
Resources secured: X
Distance Travelled: X
etc

End of fight stats could really help us figure out what our bots are doing in a non-results orientated way. I think this might be useful to enable us to benchmark and compare AI strategies.

I don't know about everyone else, but I often get my bots to fight themselves and make one change; and then I presume that whatever of my teams won has the better AI. that is of course a results driven assumption that might not actually be true. With the stats I might get a better picture of whats going on.

We could start out small (e.g list above) and add more detail over time. E.g in the long-term having an ability to see how often an action/node triggered during a fight could be useful. Maybe some of my nodes are never firing and I haven't noticed. Thus, maybe the stats help us detect bug and/or redundant code.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Re: End of battle stats

Post#2 » 15 Feb 2017, 09:24

This was really useful in quake and yes would help to see why we do not deliver damage. But that only if also the enemy bot stats are released, so one can compare.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#3 » 15 Feb 2017, 09:55

Yep, that's a good idea!
Added it to the requests: https://trello.com/c/HQwWfC5s/468-end-of-battle-stats

DjSapsan
Script
Script

Post#4 » 15 Aug 2018, 09:47

add detailed stats about executed nodes. Number of executions evert nodes and total number of all executions (or ticks), will help figure out which brunch was used in current battle.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#5 » 15 Aug 2018, 16:18

DjSapsan wrote:add detailed stats about executed nodes. Number of executions evert nodes and total number of all executions (or ticks), will help figure out which brunch was used in current battle.

and if an opponent has a leaner ai. (for the evaluated nodes)

+1
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#6 » 15 Aug 2018, 16:46

Damage done per unit, as a bar graph. Comparison of total damages dealt by both teams.
my team vs enemy team.png
my team vs enemy team.png (8.2 KiB) Viewed 956 times

I think showing the information as a bar graph could give quick concise information on the damage and eliminations bots did. It could also help to determine which ones are underperforming.

darktheatre
Script
Script

Post#7 » 16 Aug 2018, 03:28

Revenge wrote:Damage done per unit, as a bar graph. Comparison of total damages dealt by both teams.
my team vs enemy team.png

I think showing the information as a bar graph could give quick concise information on the damage and eliminations bots did. It could also help to determine which ones are underperforming.

+1

masterplayer
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#8 » 16 Aug 2018, 13:24

+1

Return to “Feature Requests”