all/ none selection

steviestickman
Hello World
Hello World

all/ none selection

Post#1 » 08 Feb 2017, 00:59

Currently i can ask questions similair to these:

[*]Are there any ally's carying resource?
[*]Are there any ally's not carying resource?

I would like to also ask these questions:

[*]Are all ally's carying resource?
[*]Are none of the ally's carying resource?

Thanks for making such a good game and listening to your players.

sethcohn
Automaton
Automaton

Re: all/ none selection

Post#2 » 08 Feb 2017, 04:02

+1... these are doable right now, but awkward. I wrote up a post on this topic, but deleted it before I submitted, because there are more pressing things to work on...

You have to use exists and Not exists coupled with filters and NOT.
Condition: if any ally exist who are carrying resource? If it fails then none are.
Condition: if any ally exist who are NOT carrying resource, if it fails then all are.
So then:
If No Ally exists (any, not exist) not carrying resource... this is then ALL allies are carrying (or no allies at all exist)
Notice how awkward that is...

steviestickman
Hello World
Hello World

Post#3 » 12 Feb 2017, 14:25

Thanks for helping me out
I guess it currently works.
Not super intuitive

sethcohn
Automaton
Automaton

Post#4 » 12 Feb 2017, 15:16

Yeah, this would be a good improvement to the UI, for newer players. It's awkward to figure out how to route around the missing bits.
All and none are ends of a spectrum where Any is a midpoint, and so exist/not exist work but it'd be clearer if All/None were explicit conditionals.

Botique
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#5 » 15 Feb 2017, 09:38

Well I found out that "negation" on "any exists" is risky.

For example, my Tagging bots use team tagging D to mark themselves as "seeing" the team tagged A enemy (in close, mid, long) range.

So it means, that if at least one sees the enemy, there is D tag on the bot.

But there need to be situation when A have to be changed (for example, it runs away or gets killed).

Which means, that all the D tagged bots will untag themselves.

So I need to know that I need to mark another enemy A, which means I have to make condition "If there is noone D tagged ally, then tag the closest enemy to A" - meaning, if there does not exist any ally who is in proximity of current target, then change current target.

And condition "If any ally tagged D not exist" will not work, as it will light up green, if there are non D tagged allies.

So I usually do the negation of "If the closest D-Tagged ally not exist" then... It guarantees that filter will try to find out D tagged ally and because of NOT Exist, it will negate - so will be green, if actually no D tagged allies exist.

So use "If closest (your condition) enemy/ally NOT exist" form to negate these situations.

Examples "If closest fleeing from self, fleeing from ally enemy NOT exist" -> Means that there is not a single retreating enemy.

If closest enemy-attacking ally NOT exists -> Means that there is no ally shooting enemy (hopefully coz they are dead)

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#6 » 15 Feb 2017, 10:21

@botique: while what you say is true, it also true that sometimes the logic can be refactored.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Return to “Feature Requests”