Rewind slider

borg303
Hello World
Hello World

Rewind slider

Post#1 » 24 Jan 2017, 21:44

Like title said...

It would be great to move slider to rewind, forward action to interesting moment...
not watching whole match again...
what do you think?

Tralalo
Script
Script

Re: Rewind slider

Post#2 » 24 Jan 2017, 22:56

+1 !

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#3 » 24 Jan 2017, 23:16

borg303 wrote:Like title said...

It would be great to move slider to rewind, forward action to interesting moment...
not watching whole match again...
what do you think?

I think +1 but if the resolution engine works as I think, it is not easy at all.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#4 » 24 Jan 2017, 23:49

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#5 » 24 Jan 2017, 23:50

pier4r wrote:if the resolution engine works as I think, it is not easy at all.

It does ^^

Scull
Script
Script

Post#6 » 25 Jan 2017, 08:51

+1

TcT
Script
Script

Post#7 » 25 Jan 2017, 10:34

This must be helpful, +1!!

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#8 » 25 Jan 2017, 13:55

Please vote on trello:

GFX47 wrote:https://trello.com/c/8xotQjRJ/233-more-video-controls

kemput
Script
Script

Post#9 » 26 Jan 2017, 22:06

Wow, if replays are videos it will consume a lot of server space. I thought it is like demo mode of a match run in a real time on our devices. Nice feature a slider will be.

sethcohn
Automaton
Automaton

Post#10 » 26 Jan 2017, 23:01

kemput wrote:Wow, if replays are videos it will consume a lot of server space. I thought it is like demo mode of a match run in a real time on our devices. Nice feature a slider will be.

It's not a video, it's using the details of the match to rebuild it exactly... I'd assume that includes some random number seed so that the probabilities of shots hitting, etc, always end up exactly the same, etc.

Rewind would be good, if only to avoid the 'restart, speed up to before the moment, then slow it down and watch for the moment you were looking for' which can happen. Not critical, but good UI.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#11 » 26 Jan 2017, 23:06

Gladiabots is not using chances.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

sethcohn
Automaton
Automaton

Post#12 » 27 Jan 2017, 01:45

pier4r wrote:Gladiabots is not using chances.

I said
I'd assume that includes some random number seed so that the probabilities of shots hitting, etc, always end up exactly the same, etc.

Not all shots hit. Deciding which shots hit requires some form of decision making. If you always use the same seed value for a random number generator, it always replies with the same sequence of 'random' values, for that seed.. leading to identical results no matter how many times it's rerun. So long as everything else is also deterministic.

If that's not how GFX decides what hits and what does, I'm really curious how. If it is purely a percentage (ie if the odds of hitting at long for assault are 1 in 10 (10% precision which is what the stats say...) then if I fire 10 shots, which one hits? And if I fire 20 shots, is it guaranteed to hit only and exactly twice?

Trigary
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#13 » 27 Jan 2017, 07:02

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wik ... e_computed

The accuracy gets added to a variable, if that variable is bigger than 100%, the shot will hit the enemy.

sethcohn
Automaton
Automaton

Post#14 » 27 Jan 2017, 15:28

Ouch:
ToHit = 0
For each Bullet {
ToHit += Accuracy
}
While ToHit>=1 {
ToHit-=1

EnemyHealth-= Damage
}

That means it's a fixed series of misses and hits... heh, likely abusable once we get counting. Has anyone calculated the rhythm out for each bot?

So for a assault firing at long, I need to fire at target 10 times before it hits?

Trigary
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#15 » 27 Jan 2017, 19:42

You need to fire 10 bullets (there are multiple bullets in a burst, you have to "reload" between bursts).

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#16 » 27 Jan 2017, 19:52

sethcohn wrote:Ouch:

That means it's a fixed series of misses and hits... heh, likely abusable once we get counting. Has anyone calculated the rhythm out for each bot?

Good luck with that.

Side questions: why don't you play in Multiplayer?

kemput
Script
Script

Post#17 » 27 Jan 2017, 23:22

I think sethcohn has been playing multiplayer. I met him and I was lost :lol:
Deterministic nature of Gladiabots is good actually, player concentrate only in building AI not worrying about chances. AI can be tested with consistent result so it can be easily fixed if something goes wrong.

Return to “Feature Requests”