Unique Codes for Different Builds

J7Luke
Script
Script

Unique Codes for Different Builds

Post#1 » 28 Dec 2016, 18:32

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but what do you think about the ability to generate a short code that represents an AI and then put the code in on a different account/device to immediately create that AI. This would make it easier for players to post their AI builds for others to try. It would also make switching between the PC and mobile versions easier for those of us that use both until the ability to sign-in to one account on multiple devices is implemented.

Ritter Runkel
Neural Network
Neural Network

Re: Unique Codes for Different Builds

Post#2 » 28 Dec 2016, 18:43

Technically I like this idea. But I'm not a big fan of second accounts. With them there are always some accounts in the top10 with only a handful of games. These accounts are not challangeable because players try to keep them in top10 through avoiding to lose.

On the other hand, especially for people like me trying to avoid using the mouse to often, it would be wonderful to make AIs in the editor and only copy them to the game. It's much easier to understand an AI you wrote, which is given in text then the one you have as a chart.

So you see, I've ambivalent feelings about that issue.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#3 » 28 Dec 2016, 18:52

I dislike also "accounts that only win", but well, those types of people are always there, internet points are needed.

I'm thinking how can I make stats, from the db dumps (I did not forget them, just I do not have so much time), that rewards people that keep their elo high and still play a lot. Of course it will be an arbitrary function, but to me would be more fair.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

NullPointer
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#4 » 28 Dec 2016, 19:57

I'm in favour of any solution that lets me play when I'm not in my desktop.

I have 20 active AIs and 77 testing AIs that I won't ever have the patience to copy around.

My 1 AI account (Sentinel) will be around for a week though, I don't think you should bother about 2nd accounts because they can't help main accounts if they don't have the same AIs.

HDeffo
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#5 » 28 Dec 2016, 20:39

I already suggested this previously and it was vetoed because the back bone of AIs changes constantly so this feature would add too much work on GFX

J7Luke
Script
Script

Post#6 » 28 Dec 2016, 20:43

The main idea is what NullPointer mentioned: copying AIs easier. I may have explained what I was talking about wrong, but this has nothing to do with multiple accounts. I was just trying to say that it would be easier copy AIs from my PC version to my phone version so I can test my AIs and edit them while away from my PC. I'm sure that this could be used to make multiple accounts, but you could do it without this feature too, it would just take more time. That's why I thought this idea would be okay: it doesn't enable players to do anything they couldn't already do. All it does is save time. Instead of having to copy an AI node by node from a screenshot, you can just copy the whole AI with a quick code.

@Hdeffo: Oh, sorry, I didn't know that. I can definitely see how this would be tricky to implement in alpha or beta testing, but maybe it could be a long term goal once the different AI options stabilize.

Trigary
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#7 » 28 Dec 2016, 22:06

J7Luke wrote:I was just trying to say that it would be easier copy AIs from my PC version to my phone version so I can test my AIs and edit them while away from my PC.

https://trello.com/c/w97ZDo85/71-accoun ... nt-devices
(My point is, syncronizing AIs across multiple devices is a planned feature)

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#8 » 28 Dec 2016, 22:22

NullPointer wrote:I'm in favour of any solution that lets me play when I'm not in my desktop.

I have 20 active AIs and 77 testing AIs that I won't ever have the patience to copy around.

Gfx offers manual synch for the moment
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#9 » 28 Dec 2016, 23:00

For the cross device sync, see viewtopic.php?f=7&t=128

I will eventually implement a pseudo code feature but not before beta phase.

About the multiple accounts problem, it should become much more marginal when the game will switch to a paid model.

J7Luke
Script
Script

Post#10 » 28 Dec 2016, 23:42

I thought the cross-device sync feature would be for syncing everything (AIs, multiplayer, mission completion, etc.). The feature I meant was more for sharing individual AIs. Like if a friend wanted to share one or if you wanted to share your AI in a forum.

I'm happy with waiting until Beta though. :D

J7Luke
Script
Script

Post#11 » 29 Dec 2016, 05:17

I think we are talking about the same thing, but let me give an example of what I mean just to be sure.

I create what I think is a genius new AI that works on every map. I want my friend Mark (who also plays this game) to try it. I long press/right click on the AI, select export, and it gives me a code: 09GH227JK332MM7. I text that code to Mark. He long presses/right clicks on Add AI and then selects import. He types in the code 09GH227JK332MM7, which is unique to the AI I created. It adds the full AI that I designed to his list of AIs.

Other Uses:
Sharing an AI online
Archiving AIs I think I won't need anymore
Easily being able to report bugged/OP AIs
Etc.

The reason why I am saying this is because I consider Cross-Device Sync and Pseudocode to both be slightly different from this.

p.s. I just found this game, and I love it. From testing it, I came up with a bunch of suggestions, but they are all already road-mapped. I love how well you communicate with us regarding the game progress. It really makes me want to contribute in any way I can. Anyways, this was the only (logical) idea that I came up with that wasn't mapped. So I decided to share it. :)

>>>Edit>>>

I was reading through the cross-sync thread in general discussion, and I think the import/export feature discussed there is what I am trying to describe. I didn't realize it had already been discussed. +1 to that idea. I definitely understand waiting awhile to implement that feature. Just as long as it has been considered, I'm happy.

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#12 » 29 Dec 2016, 10:40

This sharing code idea is one of the options I considered for the account sync feature (you generate a unique code on your primary device and copy/paste it to your other devices to link them) but it could also be used for AI sharing as you suggested.

Added it to the requests list on the roadmap: https://trello.com/c/j6VXwgHy/378-shari ... table-code

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#13 » 29 Dec 2016, 13:42

+1 to gfx that always provides an answer

J7Luke
Script
Script

Post#14 » 29 Dec 2016, 16:13

Wow, thanks GFX! I'm with pier4r, it's awesome how you always answer questions and requests.

mumpsimus
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#15 » 08 Dec 2017, 19:46

A thing this would enable and which I would *love*, is if the short code was always displayed wherever the AI name is, in replays and in the AI editor:

this means that when I inevitably mess up my AI, I can go back to a replay that was still good, and copy the short code from there and restore my AI to before I broke it. Also with the auto-queueing feature, I often find it hard to determine which version of my AI is playing a particular match. This will make the different versions stand out.

Ed-209
Script
Script

Post#16 » 09 Dec 2017, 01:04

+1 to mumpsimus' idea

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#17 » 10 Dec 2017, 11:24

Strange I haven't seen this thread before. Anyway, yeah I requested this long ago. This is archived in the 2K17 Q1 Request Compilation. Also, +1 mumpsimus
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat

My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

ElvenMonk
Automaton
Automaton

Post#18 » 08 Aug 2018, 15:11

Can we ask for ability to share AI to be used as sub-AI without revealing its contents.

Return to “Feature Requests”