More tagging features

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

More tagging features

Post#1 » 22 Dec 2016, 05:06

No, this isn't another thread where I am going to beg for the tagging system to be changed (although I definitely think it should be), this is just asking for more actions/conditions

1. Currently, I believe it is impossible to tell if there is only one bot not tagged (and vice versa) without wasting more time tagging stuff, so how about a ”is team tagged”/”is bot tagged”/etc. conditions that check all tags at once

2. A replace tag action that removes all tags of that type and places a new tag on your target.

HBomb
Algorithm
Algorithm

Re: More tagging features

Post#2 » 22 Dec 2016, 05:55

I think these are already being answered...

1. This is counting and on the roadmap. (I can't wait!)
2. This is part of 6.1.1 "ExclusiveTeamTag" and "ExclusiveBotTag"
...Unless you're trying to remove, say, tags 1 and 3 and instead put on tag 5. In which case i would say check your logic.

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#3 » 22 Dec 2016, 08:46

I second Hbomb's answer.
Did you notice you could tag/untag several targets at once?

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#4 » 22 Dec 2016, 14:26

(I feel silly) I didn't even realize exclusive tag was already in there.

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#5 » 22 Dec 2016, 23:12

Ok, new request:
3. Make exclusive tag only affect that target type (currently exclusive tag enemy strips my allies of their tag as well)
4. Can you make something where we can also, say, tag an enemy as B, which removes that one enemies A tag, but no one else's tags
Last edited by mcompany on 23 Dec 2016, 02:09, edited 1 time in total.

NullPointer
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#6 » 22 Dec 2016, 23:43

I think you can achieve 1 using the non-exclusive tag and some extra conditions.

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#7 » 23 Dec 2016, 02:32

If you are talking about the opening number 1: no it isn't possible for the same reason as hbomb's topic ( viewtopic.php?f=8&t=212 ), there is no or using the filters (or it is possible by laying down a lot of tags, but that is impractical)

If you are talking about that last number 1 (renumbered to 3), I know it's possible with manually untagging and retagging, but tags on enemies (or resources, or etc.) shouldn't affect tags on targets of different types, plus that one tick of not having the tags could screw over some AIs

ntk
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#8 » 23 Dec 2016, 07:24

I'm very busy, i can't test everything in my litle free time and manage all maps. And now need rebuilt all bots config for each maps (didn't saved before updates) :mrgreen:

There is a litle guide on use of tag? :geek:

ntk
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#9 » 23 Dec 2016, 07:29

Last, i think there is a mistake on test if tag exist... but i don't be sure if i do well or i do wrong. Need guide on tag.

Becouse i try test tag in every mode searching how they work :mrgreen:
Now i think of understand difference from bot tag and team bot tag

Dicaprio
Script
Script

Post#10 » 09 Jan 2017, 06:37

mcompany wrote:Ok, new request:
3. Make exclusive tag only affect that target type (currently exclusive tag enemy strips my allies of their tag as well)
4. Can you make something where we can also, say, tag an enemy as B, which removes that one enemies A tag, but no one else's tags

I vote for 3.

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#11 » 10 Jan 2017, 10:01

Let's not over complicate the already too complicated tag system ^^'

LuBeNo
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#12 » 13 Apr 2017, 14:04

Dicaprio wrote:
mcompany wrote:Ok, new request:

I vote for 3.

GFX47 wrote:Let's not over complicate the already too complicated tag system ^^'

I strongly support that request. IMO there is no use case I can think of that removes a team tag from a resource or base when I exclusive team tag an enemy.
My algorithm of life: if(self.tired) sleep(); else if(self.hungry) eat(); else follow(Jesus);

LuBeNo
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#13 » 01 Jul 2017, 14:42

Could you please reconsider it GFX47? (Make exclusive tag only affect that target type) It is annoying, that I can't ExclusiveTeamTag an enemy to focus fire, because it would remove the TeamTags on resources. As result I do not use ExclusiveTeamTag at all.
My algorithm of life: if(self.tired) sleep(); else if(self.hungry) eat(); else follow(Jesus);

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#14 » 01 Jul 2017, 15:13

Why don't you use a different team tag on resources (A for instance) and enemies (B)?

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#15 » 01 Jul 2017, 16:36

GFX47 wrote:Why don't you use a different team tag on resources (A for instance) and enemies (B)?

Defeats the purpose. Stop escaping the bug!
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat

My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#16 » 01 Jul 2017, 17:25

Sorry, I don't get it.
What is the bug?

buzzefall
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#17 » 01 Jul 2017, 18:52

GFX47 wrote:Sorry, I don't get it.
What is the bug?

I guess he says that to him Tag exclusive tagging between resource and bot objects is meaningless. It is likely so. Can't image when it's not. Or... I can, if you consider both tagged objects like a priorities between which you can switch. I'd just increase the number of tags

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#18 » 01 Jul 2017, 19:07

NECRO BUMP

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#19 » 01 Jul 2017, 19:22

GFX47 wrote:Sorry, I don't get it.
What is the bug?

Exclusive tagging of one type (such as self) also removes tags from all others types (resources, bases, enemies, etc). I guess one could easily argue that it is not necessarily a bug, but that is definitely counterintuitive

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#20 » 01 Jul 2017, 20:55

GFX47 wrote:Why don't you use a different team tag on resources (A for instance) and enemies (B)?

If I assign a variable on a certain object class, it is unlikely that the same variable on another object class will create conflicts, so having the variable removed for all the object classes effectively means "reserving" an entire tag (not that we have that many) for one object class and that is a limitation.

I make a programming example to make it clear.

If I have the class Triangle with the property "vertex" then I cannot have the class Square with the property "vertex" because I already used it on Triangle, how does it sound?
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Return to “Feature Requests”