Chaining dependencies

AMWild
Hello World
Hello World

Chaining dependencies

Post#1 » 29 Nov 2018, 10:54

Currently, when I try to do something like getting the enemy base closest to a resource that an enemy is moving toward, I must make assumptions in my logic that may not necessarily be correct. I can target a resource that an enemy is moving toward, but I cannot target the base closest to that resource until the enemy grabs the resource and starts toward it, at which point I am not looking for the enemy's targeted resource's closest enemy, but an enemy base that an enemy bot is moving toward.

Please allow us to chain dependencies to a greater depth, at least two levels if not three, rather than just one.

M4L4
Script
Script

Re: Chaining dependencies

Post#2 » 29 Nov 2018, 13:44

there is no way to tag stuff based on other tags, if you are trying to intercept enemies moving to resources or bases, you can use priorities like "move toward closest enemy base an enemy is moving to" followed by "move toward closest resource an enemy is moving to", that way you prioritize enemies carrying resource over enemies trying to get them.
Also, it's not true that enemy bots will always go for the closest base, lots of time i've found peoples defending the wrong base because of that assumption. You always have to move to the base the enemy is moving to, and to do that, they first have to grab a res.

ElvenMonk
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#3 » 29 Nov 2018, 21:11

It's ok for bots to move to base without resource. And "move to base enemy carrying resource is moving to" is still impossible.

AMWild
Hello World
Hello World

Post#4 » 02 Dec 2018, 17:59

ElvenMonk wrote:"move to base enemy carrying resource is moving to" is still impossible.

Yes, it is, hence my request to make it possible.

ElvenMonk
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#5 » 02 Dec 2018, 20:58

Welcome to the club

Ed-209
Script
Script

Post#6 » 03 Dec 2018, 00:32

Filter: if enemy carrying resource =1 or more and moving to enemy base
action: move to closest enemy base enemy moving to.
Done.
This will not move to enemy base enemy is moving to UNLESS the filter above is true.

Return to “Feature Requests”