Quick way to add a connector above/below a node

Wraithan
Hello World
Hello World

Quick way to add a connector above/below a node

Post#1 » 24 Nov 2018, 19:04

Periodically I find myself where I have (for instance) 6 attack action nodes under a conditional. Then I realize I want to have a second conditional feed into those 6 attack action nodes. Currently I have to break all 6 connections, add the new connector node, reattach the 6 nodes and attach the exisiting conditional to the top, then add my new conditional path. There are some existing options to make that just a bit faster, like cutting all 6 nodes, then pasting them back in so they aren't connected anymore. But it is still a bit tedious to hook it all back up.

Akin to "Duplicate" and "Duplicate with Connections" I could see a "split to connector above" and "split to connector below" with the "below" option only available for conditionals or connectors. This would save a decent number of clicks for me as I refactor my AI and improve it over time.
Last edited by Wraithan on 25 Nov 2018, 02:55, edited 1 time in total.

ElvenMonk
Neural Network
Neural Network

Re: Quick way to add a connector above/below a node

Post#2 » 24 Nov 2018, 21:19

In this case I usually select all 7 nodes, copy them as a group, change conditional to "MySelf exist", delete initial action nodes and make old condition parent of new condition.

Still extracting connector from a node will definitely be more robust.
So +1.

M4L4
Algorithm
Algorithm

Re: Quick way to add a connector above/below a node

Post#3 » 25 Nov 2018, 01:37

Yes, whenever i know there will be 5-6+ conditions i preemptively use a connector, so if i have to later move the entire block, i don't have to reconnect everything.
So +1

Return to “Feature Requests”