Target Static Point

Spidey
Hello World
Hello World

Target Static Point

Post#1 » 14 Oct 2018, 01:48

There's a similar card already: https://trello.com/c/CSUmYy4s/24-condit ... of-the-map

But that's the reverse of what I'm thinking. I don't want distance from static points to be a filter, I want you to be able to use filters to select a static point.

So currently, you can only select an actual thing on the map as your target. If you could apply the same exact selectors/filters to map points as you could to resources and bases, that would allow for the ability to express much more complex movement behaviors.

With the "All" selector and unfiltered, the set would be all map points. Moving to that would take the average, which would just be the center of the map.

With the "All" selector and filtered to "Medium range of ally", the set would be a ring of points around each ally. Moving to that would take the average, which would just be the average position of your allies.

So why bother since we can already do that? The interesting part is in the selector and compound filters.

With the "Closest to enemy" selector and filtered to "Medium range of ally" and "Not out of range of enemy", you could move at a set radius of an ally while guaranteeing you're blocking enemies from getting to them.

With the "Furthest from enemy" selector and filtered to "Not out of range of ally" and "Not out of range of enemy", you would move around an enemy while staying both at the edge of the enemy's range and in support range of an ally.

It might require a few additional filters/selectors but even using just the ones currently available for resources/bases, I think adding this would greatly increase the possible expressiveness of movement commands and allow for much more intricate positioning.

It could also be used as an Exists/Not exists condition feasibly but makes a lot of sense as an action.

FranchuFranchu
Hello World
Hello World

Re: Target Static Point

Post#2 » 14 Oct 2018, 04:00

It is a bit complicated but I understand
if not ok then die end

Bockwurst
Script
Script

Post#3 » 14 Oct 2018, 21:02

Evaluation of every pixel on the map according to some filters would be too CPU intensive, I believe

sparr
Script
Script

Post#4 » 16 Oct 2018, 01:16

You don't actually have to evaluate all the pixels/coordinates. You can calculate the shape of the target areas, then use some geometry math to figure out the center point, without needing to analyze individual coordinates.

Return to “Feature Requests”