Condition operatora

LethalLuck
Hello World
Hello World

Condition operatora

Post#1 » 22 Sep 2018, 13:17

During the condition phase of a node add a greater than Less than equal too operators doing this will cut down time making Ai's, the amount of nodes being used and would really optimise the game.

In the attachment circled in red is where you could put : "Greater than", "Less than", "Equal to", and "This".

The first selected would use one of the first three then the second selection would use "This"

So when checking distance from closest enemy they could choose greater than. Then when selecting what to check again ie. Distance to closest ally base they would choose "this"

It would look something like, Distance from closest enemy Greater than distance from ally

both distance / health / shield etc would still be check from the chosen target at the beginning.

This would make the game much more in depth while cutting out;
1: the amount of nodes
2: time spent making
3: the limitation of only 3 distance types(even if still kept)
4: amount of nodes and trees
5: time spent running through
6: space used
And of course overall ugliness of ai.
Attachments
20180922_070953.png
20180922_070953.png (558.51 KiB) Viewed 784 times

DjSapsan
Script
Script

Re: Condition operatora

Post#2 » 24 Sep 2018, 08:12

+
Will be amazing to have conditions from resourses to everything. Example:
"If team bots number > enemy bots number" (necessery for large battles 10v10)

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#3 » 27 Sep 2018, 17:25

UI mockup please.
Editor panel + node.

ElvenMonk
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#4 » 27 Sep 2018, 18:36

GFX47 wrote:UI mockup please.
Editor panel + node.

+1

LethalLuck
Hello World
Hello World

Post#5 » 02 Oct 2018, 03:51

GFX47 wrote:UI mockup please.
Editor panel + node.

I'm on a phone and a father so I don't have time to make it look pretty but I see on a pic using pen lol here

The square with a circle for is for a this selector. The first one would always be the greater or less than sign it would use the regular indicator circled in blue then a simple greater than or less than then the check you chose after which I circled in green
20181001_213646.png
20181001_213646.png (590.23 KiB) Viewed 690 times

So if you used the two in the VERY CRUDE example above and you chose greater than on enemy distance (blue circle indicator) and the [○] "this" indicator next to or/and. it would look like this on the node/ui
20181001_214123.png
20181001_214123.png (482.62 KiB) Viewed 690 times

It would use the regular indicator for your selection in our case enemy distance the sign you chose and then the regular indicator for the selected "this box" next to "or/and". If (in our case) the distance to the closest enemy(from ourselves) is greater than the distance to the closest ally base, then go to the yellow arrow. else, break; and check next conditions.

And please don't judge my mock up or whatever I was and still am holding my 2month old daughter and hope you can understand.

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#6 » 02 Oct 2018, 09:10

Sorry, I don't understand your posts. Typos + lack of punctuation don't help.
How do you select the ally base part in "the distance to the closest enemy(from ourselves) is greater than the distance to the closest ally base"?

LethalLuck
Hello World
Hello World

Post#7 » 06 Oct 2018, 09:04

By using the new selector Next to the OR / AND its just a box with a circle in the middle

Selecting greater than would select the first part of the condition, then to select what to test against it you would select the new box "[O]" or another

Return to “Feature Requests”