Team Setup, Spawn Location Selection - Update?

TheKreaytoSongra
Hello World
Hello World

Team Setup, Spawn Location Selection - Update?

Post#1 » 09 Sep 2018, 07:09

Only been meddling with this game for a few days. My first major issue is with inconsistency between the Team Setup arrangement and where my bots spawn on the map. In Campaign it is fine so far. (I am currently still in Chapter 3. However I noticed in Elimination (Split Team) game mode that my middle bot does NOT spawn in the middle single bot position. This game seems to have a lot to do with planning. I believe it would be most convenient for bot arrangements, in the Team Setup, to be more consistent with where bots spawn. Thoughts?

ElvenMonk
Neural Network
Neural Network

Re: Team Setup, Spawn Location Selection - Update?

Post#2 » 09 Sep 2018, 09:53

+1

Hairy Phil
Automaton
Automaton

Post#3 » 09 Sep 2018, 12:07

Short answer: The Random arena type is the "real" game, and the only one you can play in ranked matches. The others arena types are old pre-Random ones that are now just for fun and probably won't be updated again.

Hairy Phil
Automaton
Automaton

Post#4 » 09 Sep 2018, 12:09

In the longer term, there are things like daily challenges planned, and these maps may reappear then, with corrected spawn points.

Hairy Phil
Automaton
Automaton

Post#5 » 09 Sep 2018, 12:12

It is being fixed in Sandbox mode: https://trello.com/c/pne9zRVJ

TheKreaytoSongra
Hello World
Hello World

Post#6 » 10 Sep 2018, 03:52

Hairy Phil wrote:Short answer: The Random arena type is the "real" game, and the only one you can play in ranked matches. The others arena types are old pre-Random ones that are now just for fun and probably won't be updated again.

Yet, why would you remove Elimination game types from Unranked Matches? ...Even why not add them to ranked? Every now and then, don't you just want to set your bot army to destroy, destroy, and destroy some more?

Hairy Phil
Automaton
Automaton

Post#7 » 10 Sep 2018, 08:34

Because there are dominant strategies for non-random maps. Your opponent can program a dedicated AI to win that specific map, thereby increasing his rank, when he would lose on any other map, so it messes up the ranking system.

ElvenMonk
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#8 » 10 Sep 2018, 15:41

It has nothing to do with Elimination, right? For Elimination map doesn't matter at all, unless it has different bot number.

Hairy Phil
Automaton
Automaton

Post#9 » 10 Sep 2018, 18:13

Okay, that's true. But then you always have the option of trying to eliminate on a resource map. ;-)

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#10 » 19 Sep 2018, 12:03

I changed the unranked static maps to be closer to the team setup: when you're on the left side, the bots are instantiated from bottom to top, when you're on the right side, from top to bottom.
The rule is basically from left to right from the center of the map point of view.
But most static maps have "exotic" formations so it will still be a bit clunky.

Return to “Feature Requests”