Always regenerate machine gun

B_head
Script
Script
Posts: 15
Contact:

Always regenerate machine gun

Post#1 » 25 Aug 2018, 15:28

What do we expect from a machine gun?
We are surely expecting to break through the front.
But actually it is not.

The problem is that the machine gun does not have enough armor.
However, shield buff is too strong, Health buff is not persistence.
So, another armor buffs with regeneration.

Specifically:
  • Regen delay to 0s.
  • Regen duration to 12s.
  • Shield to 3000pts.
  • (As a result, always regenerate 250/s)
This makes it resistant to long range attacks.
Resistance to middle range attacks does not change.

Buff the regrettable machine gun.
Last edited by B_head on 25 Aug 2018, 18:48, edited 1 time in total.
I am studying English. :geek:

Monger81
Script
Script
Posts: 12

Re: Always regenerate machine gun

Post#2 » 25 Aug 2018, 16:54

I would expect a machine gun to suppress the enemy, and keep him at a distance.

User avatar
Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network
Posts: 403
Contact:

Re: Always regenerate machine gun

Post#3 » 25 Aug 2018, 17:14

0 regen delay? Um... So you want it to be unkillable?

ElvenMonk
Neural Network
Neural Network
Posts: 238

Re: Always regenerate machine gun

Post#4 » 25 Aug 2018, 17:31

It might weaken MG. Ignore single enemy at long range is ok but waiting 12s to restore 3000 shield?
To be more precise 8s to restore from sniper shot?

B_head
Script
Script
Posts: 15
Contact:

Re: Always regenerate machine gun

Post#5 » 25 Aug 2018, 19:10

Revenge wrote:0 regen delay? Um... So you want it to be unkillable?

It depends on adjustment.
Regenerate 500/s it will unkillable.

What will happen with regenerate 250/s?
Long range:
  • Battle with one assault, machine gun is no damage.
  • Battle with two assaults, machine guns suffer 200/s damage, machine gun wins.
  • Battle with three assaults, machine guns suffer 425/s damage, assaults wins.
  • Battle with one sniper, machine guns suffer 416/s damage, machine gun wins by 2 seconds difference.
Middle range:
  • Battle with one assault, machine guns suffer 575/s damage, machine gun wins.
  • Battle with two assaults, machine guns suffer 1400/s damage, assaults wins.

ElvenMonk wrote:It might weaken MG. Ignore single enemy at long range is ok but waiting 12s to restore 3000 shield?
To be more precise 8s to restore from sniper shot?

Both yes.
I intentionally make weak points.
Because do not want the strongest bot.
I am studying English. :geek:

ElvenMonk
Neural Network
Neural Network
Posts: 238

Re: Always regenerate machine gun

Post#6 » 26 Aug 2018, 09:28

B_head wrote:[*]Battle with one assault, machine gun is no damage.

I see it as an issue

B_head wrote:[*]Battle with two assaults, machine guns suffer 200/s damage, machine gun wins.

Actually, 2 assaults win.
But 2 assaults will lose to MS + assault, which is not that clear with existing mechanics.

B_head wrote:[*]Battle with one sniper, machine guns suffer 416/s damage, machine gun wins by 2 seconds difference.

Arguably, because sniper will have higher speed and regen. And more importantly 7.5 firing duration is less than 8 seconds for full regen. Lets simulate


But the main point is in 4x4 battle how deep are you going to enter enemy range?
1. Less than 2.1 meters (3 seconds for MG, 2 for other classes): You will barely finish any aiming.
2. More than 2.1 meters: Focus fire will definitely deal damage to your health.

B_head
Script
Script
Posts: 15
Contact:

Re: Always regenerate machine gun

Post#7 » 26 Aug 2018, 13:38

ElvenMonk wrote:
B_head wrote:Battle with one assault, machine gun is no damage.

I see it as an issue

Does that mean it is too strong?
In that situation it will be so.
But in other situations it is not strong as you are writen.

ElvenMonk wrote:
B_head wrote:Battle with two assaults, machine guns suffer 200/s damage, machine gun wins.

Actually, 2 assaults win.
But 2 assaults will lose to MS + assault, which is not that clear with existing mechanics.

As 1 assault is destroyed in the middle, assaults can not win.
If you talk about real game, I am not sure.

ElvenMonk wrote:
B_head wrote:Battle with one sniper, machine guns suffer 416/s damage, machine gun wins by 2 seconds difference.

Arguably, because sniper will have higher speed and regen. And more importantly 7.5 firing duration is less than 8 seconds for full regen. Lets simulate

But the main point is in 4x4 battle how deep are you going to enter enemy range?

Reply individually.

ElvenMonk wrote:1. Less than 2.1 meters (3 seconds for MG, 2 for other classes): You will barely finish any aiming.

If enemy's bot retreats, the purpose of breaking through the front was achieved.
actually, I think sniper will not retreat.

This is a good example where machine guns are not the strongest.
If get support from ally, the situation will change.

ElvenMonk wrote:2. More than 2.1 meters: Focus fire will definitely deal damage to your health.

If get support from allies sniper, it becomes a realistic choice.
If it is attacked by Sniper, it will not be able to continue attacking machine guns.

Just like Sniper is too strong.
I am studying English. :geek:

ElvenMonk
Neural Network
Neural Network
Posts: 238

Re: Always regenerate machine gun

Post#8 » 26 Aug 2018, 14:59

B_head wrote:
ElvenMonk wrote:
B_head wrote:As 1 assault is destroyed in the middle, assaults can not win.
If you talk about real game, I am not sure.

I assume both parties are moving too, not only attacking.

Anyway, existing balance seems pretty perfect to me. I appreciate your definitely well established proposal, but I don't feel like I would support it. Sorry. Sure, I might be just me..

sollniss
Automaton
Automaton
Posts: 178

Re: Always regenerate machine gun

Post#9 » 26 Aug 2018, 19:02

Just nerf the Assault instead of buffing the mg.

Return to “Feature Requests”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests