The ability to team tag/tag one bot at a time

MrZacharey
Hello World
Hello World

The ability to team tag/tag one bot at a time

Post#1 » 24 Aug 2018, 16:43

So,recently I was trying to make an AI to target/tag one enemy bot at a time. It is like this.
You can pick tag or team tag. Then theres a feature to which it is set to tag multiple enemies (default)
Or tag one enemy at a time. Usually when tagging an enemy is like locking on that enemy till it dies and you can change([*]tag a different enemy[*]) since the enemy you tag is dead.

Combat:

Focus fire leader: Attack that enemy. I will tag another one if the one I tagged is dead.

Focus fire: Alright leader!

Enemy one dies

Focus fire leader: I will now tag that enemy. Attack that enemy!

Focus fire: Affirmative.

Above is the dialog for what will happen if you enable the "tag one enemy at a time" feature.
Also the game has no dialog but the dialog shows you how it will function.

If you can understand it. Good. If not well I'll try to make it understandable.
(If you see some command errors just tell me"typing this topic command errors").

Sincerely
That one AI Perfecter Starter

Oracle
Hello World
Hello World

Re: The ability to team tag/tag one bot at a time

Post#2 » 26 Aug 2018, 08:57

You can make a really simple sub AI that does this mate. It's a simple check.

MrZacharey
Hello World
Hello World

Post#3 » 27 Aug 2018, 10:44

Theres not a single way to even tag one person without tagging another enemy :/
Plus,making something that wont tag someone else is very complicated. Since retreating will tag someone else in the process.

MrZacharey
Hello World
Hello World

Post#4 » 27 Aug 2018, 10:57

Thats why I am requesting this feature. So what else can I think to make an AI so complicated. That is the one tag per enemy system,you tag one enemy and the tagged enemy dies,then you can tag something else,for this when like retreating it will just you know do nothing. Nothing,so if you retreat you cant tag something else because you aim at something else and tag that enemy. This feature makes it better for team tagging.

darthcartman
Hello World
Hello World

Post#5 » 27 Aug 2018, 12:41

Could you tell your bot that does the tagging to untag a tagged enemy If Team Tagged A Enemy Is Attacked By All Allies?

I'm trying to set up an AI where my Sniper tags and attacks an Enemy with Shield 75-100 at Long Range and the two Assault and one Shotgun attack that tagged Enemy until it's dead. Not quite working out as intended because sometimes two enemies get Team Tagged A. Might have to filter by bot type/health...

Monger81
Script
Script

Post#6 » 27 Aug 2018, 16:30

I have one AI in place, that basically says: If I get under fire, untag all, and tag the bot that fired at me.
The other bots have a routine that basically says: if a bot is tagged, attack it. If not, attack anything else.

I could easily replace the fire leader logic with: If no one is tagged, tag one.

So what exactly is missing? I don't understand yet how exactly the feature should look like you are describing.

Return to “Feature Requests”