The GateKeeper class

ElvenMonk
Neural Network
Neural Network

The GateKeeper class

Post#1 » 24 Aug 2018, 09:03

This new bot class will have 2 additional actions "place portal entrence" and "place portal exit", that will create appropriate portal facility at bot's current location.

All other bots will have additional action "enter portal", that will make them move to the portal entrance, and once reached (and other side is free) teleport to portal exit. Portal doesn't dissapear when used.

Each team can only have single entrance and exit, and new placements will replace previous. Or placement can be one time action without ability to move it later (to prevent Gatekeeper bot from abusing its ability to escape from the battle).

Enemy bots cannot enter your portal, but they can block either its entrance or exit by their bodies.

With this limited setup, I'm finding such an ability as giving interesting strategical options.

Alternatively, It can be a special ability for LeaderBot class with respect to following tickets:
https://trello.com/c/8bTMp4pK/494-leader-bot-class
https://trello.com/c/NOxlWnAh/37-bot-special-attacks

Hairy Phil
Automaton
Automaton

Re: The GateKeeper class

Post#2 » 27 Aug 2018, 10:14

Not possible unless enemies can see/shoot through the portal, else allies could just take one step backwards through it, effectively making themselves invincible. If you could shoot through the portal, then that breaks the game's "within medium range" detection etc. So no chance of this being implemented, for technical reasons.

ElvenMonk
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#3 » 27 Aug 2018, 12:46

What if portal is one way. And note that bots are aware if they are nearby enemy portal entrance/exit. And could block exit by staying on it.

Hairy Phil
Automaton
Automaton

Post#4 » 27 Aug 2018, 13:04

Same as above, range detection is still broken in that one direction. I'm not criticising the idea, I'm saying the technical limitations in this game make it prohibitively complicated to add.

Monger81
Script
Script

Post#5 » 27 Aug 2018, 16:36

Interesting idea. But I think, predicting how bots will move is already hard to understand. From a strategic point of view, this opens up as many solutions as it creates problems.

sollniss
Automaton
Automaton

Post#6 » 30 Aug 2018, 15:28

Pls no.

Return to “Feature Requests”