Multiplayer AI editing

blavergne
Hello World
Hello World

Multiplayer AI editing

Post#1 » 19 Aug 2018, 16:07

Friends have the ability to start an AI editing session and friends are able to join and share ideas REAL TIME! :D

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Re: Multiplayer AI editing

Post#2 » 19 Aug 2018, 16:34

If this was to be allowed, it could create some situations at the higher ranks that would be unfavorable towards most players...

This idea could work if the ai is only tied to a single account, but even then I'm not sure if it's fair to have an ai made by multiple people verses an ai only made by one person.

blavergne
Hello World
Hello World

Post#3 » 19 Aug 2018, 19:28

The sharing of ideas will be inevitable. At the moment I am using steam streaming feature to help friends who need help coding their AI, but it is cumbersome. I think multiplayer AI editing would make the community stronger. Information is power :D

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#4 » 19 Aug 2018, 20:46

Could you explain with more details what you are thinking about?

blavergne
Hello World
Hello World

Post#5 » 20 Aug 2018, 01:09

Sure, I'll try to describe what I mean a bit better. :P

I have two friends that play Gladiabots, and so far they are enjoying the game. They do not have any experience coding and I have noticed that, despite the excellent tutorial, they are running into issues with their designs.

I have been helping them with design strategies so they will have an easier time editing AI as the code gets larger, but I have been using screen caps and streaming via Steam to do so. This is difficult and slow.

We thought it would be pretty cool if I could join my friend within his AI Editor so both of us can edit the same AI code in real time. It would be like a tutoring/coaching tool to allow more experienced code writers to help those who may be struggling.

I can definitely see my friends enjoying the game a lot more if we were all at the same proficiency level. I think this tool could help level the playing field and extend the replayability for players who are not as involved in coding as some others.

Thanks for listening and you guys have a got a fantastic game in Gladiabots!
blavergne

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#6 » 21 Aug 2018, 14:01

Oh wow, that's a pretty huge feature on a technical stand point!
It would be better for players and the game to rely on streams IMHO.

Return to “Feature Requests”