My/Enemy Count Advantage

Krigga
Hello World
Hello World

My/Enemy Count Advantage

Post#1 » 18 Aug 2018, 17:18

There are already my/enemy score advantage conditions and my/enemy count checks, why not make my/enemy score advantage conditions?

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Re: My/Enemy Count Advantage

Post#2 » 18 Aug 2018, 20:44

Do you mean enemy count?

Well I think it is really low priority. There are always 4 bots so it is pretty easy. If allies = 3 and enemies = 3 , advantage.
If enemies = 4 and allies = 2, disadvantage.

And actually once one bot is lost, the match is mostly decided (aside rare cases), so you don't need much more. It is not a large amount of nodes.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Hairy Phil
Automaton
Automaton

Post#3 » 27 Aug 2018, 10:24

Plus, the check needs to be more complicated to account for bot class. For example, strategically speaking, is machinegun+sniper equal to assault+shotgun? Unlike resource counts where 2 resources = 2 resources.

sollniss
Automaton
Automaton

Post#4 » 30 Aug 2018, 15:33

Hairy Phil wrote:Plus, the check needs to be more complicated to account for bot class. For example, strategically speaking, is machinegun+sniper equal to assault+shotgun? Unlike resource counts where 2 resources = 2 resources.

So you want to count sniper as two bots? Lol. Class doesn't matter, 4 bots are always going to win against 3.

I'm all for a bit advantage condition because it takes quite a few nodes right now.

ElvenMonk
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#5 » 30 Aug 2018, 17:02

The game needs more generic way to compare something to something else. Amount to amount, distance to distance, time to time..

DjSapsan
Script
Script

Post#6 » 25 Sep 2018, 21:45

3v4 and 2v3 is not always about losing.
But main issue is filters inside of comparator. Its rly helpful to know another differences:
1) Number of ally bots that attacking > enemy bots that attacking (for example 4 bots in each team but only 2 enemy fighting and rest just walking around)
2) Number of my lowHP bots > enemies lowHP bots.
3) Number of my farmers > enemies farmers.
In current state players need to make big web of nodes just for this. Its not a big problem to add another target "My team advantage" like a "Score advantage" This approach will allow to replace 10 nodes into 1.

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#7 » 26 Sep 2018, 14:03

I made an enemy count advantage node set. I'll post it later today when I'm out of school

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#8 » 27 Sep 2018, 17:54

This could help: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1629

Return to “Feature Requests”