higher score unranked

ChaosDMG
Hello World
Hello World

higher score unranked

Post#1 » 17 Aug 2018, 10:05

Hi, I would love an option to only battle higher score in unranked.
Reason:
Trying to test new logic but I fight 300+ lower score 80% of the time making it really difficult to test.

Nullpersona
Script
Script

Re: higher score unranked

Post#2 » 17 Aug 2018, 10:38

I have the opposite issue, fighting opponents usually 200-500 higher at best, and potentially more than twice my elo at worst.

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#3 » 17 Aug 2018, 10:50

Can't give too much access to the matchmaking rules as it would allow exploit of the elo system.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#4 » 18 Aug 2018, 20:41

You need to see unranked as a large random league, useful for quick tests and nothing more. For this ranked is more appealing.

If unranked starts to be like ranked, then the appeal of ranked drops a bit. I find it ok as it is. Only it seems to focus only on a - not so small - amount of opponents. Say the same 20-30, once the cooldown expires . I wouldn't mind to see more opponents but maybe it is only temporary.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#5 » 19 Aug 2018, 16:40

ChaosDMG wrote:Hi, I would love an option to only battle higher score in unranked.
Reason:
Trying to test new logic but I fight 300+ lower score 80% of the time making it really difficult to test.
GFX47 wrote:Can't give too much access to the matchmaking rules as it would allow exploit of the elo system.

Lol, this is the same type of response I would have said. If you're going to allow higher player only battles, then that would have to become the default. And then the #1 player wouldn't be allowed to que. (Not to mention it would be frustrating for players who usually win against lower ranked but lose against higher).

Return to “Feature Requests”