Norljus
Algorithm
Algorithm

Reintroduce exclusive taging

Post#1 » 15 Aug 2018, 14:26

Please reintroduce exclusive taging. Why do I have to do this:
Gladiabots_04.png
Gladiabots_04.png (71.55 KiB) Viewed 862 times

instead of just "tag exclusive". That's 3 times as many nodes and I have to maintain the condition in 2 places. Maybe with a little checkbox like for negations ?

Ed-209
Algorithm
Algorithm

Re: Reintroduce exclusive taging

Post#2 » 15 Aug 2018, 16:35

+1

masterplayer
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#3 » 16 Aug 2018, 13:19

Come on, you only need two more nodes.

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#4 » 16 Aug 2018, 15:12

masterplayer wrote:-1

Norljus
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#5 » 16 Aug 2018, 17:49

GFX47 wrote:
masterplayer wrote:-1

I'm a bit disapointed at how easily you dismiss this. When this is part of a prioritizing system then this pattern will occur many times and the condition might be more complicated or involve more steps. I view this as a programming language. Three times more "lines of code" means 3 times more chances to make a mistake. And it takes 3 times more screen space. On a phone this just sucks. I know language design is hard. Please don't just be content with the first solution that "works". There are quite a few more things that are way more complicated than they need to be.

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#6 » 16 Aug 2018, 18:02

That's not the first solution at all.
Exclusive and additive was the first one and it seemed to complex for the average player (despite the implicit name but anyway).
That's why I only kept the most useful, leaving the possibility to have the exclusive behavior using 2 nodes instead of 1.

ElvenMonk
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#7 » 17 Aug 2018, 18:59

Norljus wrote:Please reintroduce exclusive taging. Why do I have to do this:
Gladiabots_04.png
instead of just "tag exclusive". That's 3 times as many nodes and I have to maintain the condition in 2 places. Maybe with a little checkbox like for negations ?

In this example:
- why do you have add tag action under condition
- why you only untag objects when there is new one to select
- why do you want tagging and untagging to be at the same place in your AI

Current implementation only adds 1 (action) node in general case (condition node can be different and not necessarily required) and more importantly makes your intention cleaner.

Norljus
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#8 » 17 Aug 2018, 20:05

ElvenMonk wrote:
Norljus wrote:Please reintroduce exclusive taging. Why do I have to do this:
Gladiabots_04.png

In this example:
- why do you have add tag action under condition
- why you only untag objects when there is new one to select
- why do you want tagging and untagging to be at the same place in your AI

Current implementation only adds 1 (action) node in general case (condition node can be different and not necessarily required) and more importantly makes your intention cleaner.

That's just part of target prioritization system, where I want to shoot at certain targets until they are dead or out of range of all my bots or a new higher priority target presents itself. And I want to continue shooting even if the condition that trigered it is no longer true. If you know a better way please enlighten me. :)

Return to “Feature Requests”