Bot plotting (free movement) concept, not in game

ConsciouS-0nE
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Re: Bot plotting (free movement) concept, not in game

Post#41 » 02 Sep 2018, 17:11

GFX47 wrote:I'm actually curious of what kind of strategy you guys are planning to implement if this kind of feature is implemented as maps are random now.

I i did it before but it was like primitively made,
I just want it refined, its one but its the most in demand,

Flanking,

I just wanna make an enemy cry again, if it coded its ai with a faulty retreat or defence nodes.
Shotgun on back others on front, some on sides.

But probably i listed it above i think, ty for the attention
Im not the best player, but atleast im something.I'm 8
Science is madness! 3:)

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#42 » 02 Sep 2018, 18:14

How would you flank with absolute position?

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#43 » 02 Sep 2018, 20:58

GFX47 wrote:I'm actually curious of what kind of strategy you guys are planning to implement if this kind of feature is implemented as maps are random now.

Remember that such features are used to the maximum after months. I still remember alpha 7 (the longest active version) that after 6 months still showed room for improvements and it had way less expressiveness of the game today.

I imagined at first it won't change much but slowly we will see micro refinements that make big differences . Like where to retreat, which place to control, when one pushed enough that is safe to go collecting, spreading the team to collect (hairy and some others do that ), etc..
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

ElvenMonk
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#44 » 03 Sep 2018, 04:56

I will use it to do smarter positioning and scoring. Less likely to precise distance and angle measurement as it can take thousands of nodes

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#45 » 03 Sep 2018, 08:20

Once again how do you plan to do it with absolute positions?

ElvenMonk
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#46 » 03 Sep 2018, 11:47

What can I say.. I can draw a lot of plots or even create video tutorial. Or you want just few simple examples?

Now it's impossible to tell distance between individual objects. With grid if "object A at specific cell exist" and "object B at another cell exist" then they are approximately at specific range.

Too many nodes for simple check? Yeah, but it will work.

Need more simple ideas? Sure.
1. If all Bases are to the bottom of specific line, don't go for resources far to top and block bases instead.
2. If base is too close to middle line, prefer bases on the back, or first take control of it.

Need more?

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#47 » 03 Sep 2018, 12:26

yes absolute position are not bad as we know "where" they are so one can approximate the distance between enemies and so on.

For example a resource on the enemy side that is out of range of the enemy. When it is close to the center, it may be out of range but not for long.
If it is on the other side (well actually one could use "arena borders" + position that is not bad already) then one can try to snatch it as the enemy team is busy somewhere else.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Return to “Feature Requests”