Edit Ai while watching replays

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Edit Ai while watching replays

Post#1 » 09 Apr 2018, 17:53

One of the biggest problems i have with Gladiabots, is that the transition between watching replays and editing ai's is slow, clunky, and frustrating to use.

If I'm watching a replay and halfway through I find a mistake in my ai, I have 2 options:
1. Stop the replay, go to the menu, open up the ai editor, open up the ai, then find the branch and edit it, go back to replay, restart replay from beginning, repeat.
2. Watch the replay all the way through, try to remember all the small tweaks I want to make, OR ignore the small tweaks, as it's not worth the effort of going through the trouble to get to the editor.

The solution is to have a replay stay paused even if you leave it. (coding this would probably involve saving current timeframe then jumping to it [just trying to help]).
It would also be helpful to have some way to go immediately to the editor of the current Ai from replays.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Re: Edit Ai while watching replays

Post#2 » 09 Apr 2018, 18:40

This would be bad. Though some changes still require some memory.

What I do is: a bit of paper where I write down in keywords what should I fix . In the worst case I make a little stilized drawing of the situation. Then I go to the editor and I edit things.

Also I do only one fix per game. The I play some games and unless the fix is obvious rubbish , I don't make another change too quickly as I have to assest the previous one through a bit of ranked testing .
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#3 » 09 Apr 2018, 21:43

The problem is the AI used in a replay is not necessary the same as the one you currently have (it could even not exist anymore).

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#4 » 09 Apr 2018, 23:54

GFX47 wrote:The problem is the AI used in a replay is not necessary the same as the one you currently have (it could even not exist anymore).

Even so, there should still be an option to pause, and open the Ai editor. Most people base their Ai's off of other creations they've made. So it's good to give players an opportunity to modify their ai. If the current AI doesn't exist just have it pause and jump to ai editor.

sollniss
Automaton
Automaton

Post#5 » 10 Apr 2018, 00:15

And how should that work? Which AI should it open?

You can just open the game twice on the PC and watch the replay while editing, I do that all the time.

G.M. [rogueleader]
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#6 » 10 Apr 2018, 20:25

What aboit for mobile users?

G.M. [rogueleader]
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#7 » 10 Apr 2018, 20:25

Or did you mean one on mobile, one on pc?

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#8 » 07 May 2018, 18:36

sollniss wrote:And how should that work? Which AI should it open?

It would open the current Ai that is being used in battle, if it doesn't exist anymore it will just open the ai editor.

G.M. [rogueleader] wrote: did you mean one on mobile, one on pc?

Yes, it would be for both.

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#9 » 07 May 2018, 22:50

Return to “Feature Requests”