Overheating

G.M. [rogueleader]
Algorithm
Algorithm

Overheating

Post#1 » 20 Mar 2018, 20:39

Just a suggestion for a new function of the game. What if the gun could overheat, unless stopped soon before to let them cool down. This would allow for some aspect of controlling timing or amount of firing.

As the barrels of the guns get hotter (shown as a percent where 0% is cool) the acurracy would very slowly decrease (perhaps 3% accuracy lost every 20% overheat).

G.M. [rogueleader]
Algorithm
Algorithm

Re: Overheating

Post#2 » 20 Mar 2018, 20:48

Sorry, I forgot to say two things.
1) at 100% overheat, it has to cool to 0% before firing again

2)and that this would only apply in a linear rate of overgeating with the machine gun. The shotgun and snipe would work the same way, each shot increase overheat by 2x% then the reload time allows for x% cooling. This would be a two step forward, one step back situation. The assault bot would be similar to the +2, -1 overheating rate, but because it fires multiple rounds at a time, it would be more like +3, -2. I know that this is the same result of +1 at the end, but if an assault and a sniper were at 70% overheat, and they both fired 1 magazine, the assault would overheat witht the +30 before the -20 would occur, while the sniper would go to 90% overheat and can still cool to 80% during reload.

sollniss
Automaton
Automaton

Post#3 » 21 Mar 2018, 02:51

Let's not add mechanics for the sake of making the game more complicated.

ConsciouS-0nE
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#4 » 21 Mar 2018, 15:32

Because its not complicated enough :):):):)
Im not the best player, but atleast im something.I'm 8
Science is madness! 3:)

Jeffrey Harpen
Automaton
Automaton

Post#5 » 21 Mar 2018, 19:57

Actually overheating of Machine Gun is implemented as its' aiming time... Of course it should be after firing, not before, but when firing constantly it makes no difference.

G.M. [rogueleader]
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#6 » 22 Mar 2018, 19:48

Ok. I wasn't trying to make the game more complicated, I just thought that it would ad an interesting strategy aspect to the game

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#7 » 26 Mar 2018, 19:14

It's not really necessary as we already have reload time, as well as startup lock on time. If this game didnt have those things, then overheating would be a clunky but acceptable solution.

Return to “Feature Requests”