Sniper accuracy

G.M. [rogueleader]
Script
Script

Sniper accuracy

Post#1 » 23 Oct 2017, 21:10

I think that sniper should have at least SOME chance of landing a shot on a target that is out of range. I made a program for a sniper that targets enemies that are about to score a resource point, but it can not hit them because they are out of range. If the sniper had moved toward them, it would not be able to reload in time before they got out of range again.

Also, this chance of hitting an out of range target should only be given to sniper, given its characteristics.

LuBeNo
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Re: Sniper accuracy

Post#2 » 24 Oct 2017, 00:14

So a sniper can shoot from one end of the map to the other where a bot with shield down is?
The bot can do what to evade? Run? No wait...

IMO it is very good as it is now.
My algorithm of life: if(self.tired) sleep(); else if(self.hungry) eat(); else follow(Jesus);

G.M. [rogueleader]
Script
Script

Post#3 » 24 Oct 2017, 02:48

I donr mean a guaranteed hit. All I am suggesting is that it has a 5-10% chance of landing a shot

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#4 » 24 Oct 2017, 03:39

G.M. [rogueleader] wrote:I donr mean a guaranteed hit. All I am suggesting is that it has a 5-10% chance of landing a shot

With that low accuracy, i dont think a sniper would purposefully aim out of range. I don't see why it's even worth suggesting as it would hardly change the game except for long-range dodge RNG. Which could easily be fixed by better sniper programming.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#5 » 24 Oct 2017, 09:21

disagree. Sniper is good as it is.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

G.M. [rogueleader]
Script
Script

Post#6 » 24 Oct 2017, 20:28

Ok. All I am saying is that when the sniper starts firing before an enemy is out of range, it can only fire successfully until the enemy moves out of range. Once the enemy is out of range, your robot moves toward it, the enemy is in range. It will try to fire, but it can not reload in time before the enemy is out of range.

G.M. [rogueleader]
Script
Script

Post#7 » 24 Oct 2017, 20:31

Let me modify my idea:
What if there is a small chance of hitting an enemy that is out of range, but only if it was at long range when your robot was reloading. This would only work for the one shot, after which the robot would have to pick a new target, or move towards the enemy. This would prevent the time of a robot reloading from being wasted.

TheGnoo
Automaton
Automaton

Post#8 » 24 Oct 2017, 21:31

Hi,

the game uses a deterministic system, it means there is absolutely no randomness. If there was, every time you'd watch a replay, the winner could be different !

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#9 » 25 Oct 2017, 17:16

G.M. [rogueleader] wrote:Let me modify my idea:
What if there is a small chance of hitting an enemy that is out of range

Disagree.

You requests this likely because you AI switches back to target that dance between long and out of range. Those dancers disrupt your aim and likely your shoots are wasted, of course it is not nice and you want a solution "by default".

That is a very old problem and is meant to be solved in creative ways.

An hint: "bot I am self attacking" helps.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#10 » 25 Oct 2017, 20:40

I dont think it is the dancers the problems and attacking ennemy he is attacking will not solve his problem but yeah he has to find a way by his-self

Return to “Requests”