Independent ai

G.M. [rogueleader]
Script
Script

Independent ai

Post#1 » 19 Oct 2017, 21:43

What if there was a program that could be used without it being run in a drone? one of my programs that I am working on will be used to monitor conditions and other aspects of the battle, and will team tag certain entities that will trigger the sensors in the other drones programs, causing them to adapt accordingly . the only issue is that I can't use the drone(running the program) to fight because the analysis program with frequently interupt its battle program. If the base, however could run a program(or at least conditions and team/tagging) I would be able to use another robot in the battle.

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Re: Independent ai

Post#2 » 20 Oct 2017, 18:18

Mmh you must choose between brawl or brain. Either do complex logic, or do blind battle.
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat

My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#3 » 20 Oct 2017, 18:21

Funny thing is: I actually considered this about a week ago (would easily solve the issue of instant tags if we figure out how to do the target refactoring update)

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#4 » 20 Oct 2017, 18:29

My mind cannot compute what gm is asking by this. =.='

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#5 » 20 Oct 2017, 18:32

He is asking for an outside AI to be able to assist the AIs, lay down tags or whatever from a sort of third point of view

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#6 » 20 Oct 2017, 18:35

mcompany wrote:He is asking for an outside AI to be able to assist the AIs, lay down tags or whatever from a sort of third point of view

"Outside ai"? Do you mean a subtree?

Or maybe a seperate program outside of Gladiabots. So you mean a mod?

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#7 » 20 Oct 2017, 18:37

Revenge wrote:
mcompany wrote:He is asking for an outside AI to be able to assist the AIs, lay down tags or whatever from a sort of third point of view

"Outside ai"? Do you mean a subtree?

Or maybe a seperate program outside of Gladiabots. So you mean a mod?

Basically, an AI running on the Base.

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#8 » 20 Oct 2017, 19:21

Kanishka wrote:Basically, an AI running on the Base.

That's one way to put it, sure

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#9 » 20 Oct 2017, 19:32

I'll leave things to you expert programmers. I have a lot of trouble with textual comprehension.

G.M. [rogueleader]
Script
Script

Post#10 » 21 Oct 2017, 02:59

mcompany wrote:
Kanishka wrote:Basically, an AI running on the Base.

That's one way to put it, sure

Exactly. It would be a program that is run by the base, thus preventing it from interfering with the program of any robot otherwise running it

G.M. [rogueleader]
Script
Script

Post#11 » 23 Oct 2017, 15:43

Of course it would be limited, though. I doubt that GFX47 would allow a base to move away from closest why XD. It would still be very useful for keeping tabs on conditions and tagging and what not. There should also be a condition for its nodes that determines which ally can see a normal tag.

G.M. [rogueleader]
Script
Script

Post#12 » 23 Oct 2017, 20:53

Closest enemy*

Worst typo fail ever

G.M. [rogueleader]
Script
Script

Post#13 » 13 Nov 2017, 21:13

So, how does this get any further? I thought that this would have been taken seriously by GFX47, especially with apparent "veterans" like mcompany and kanishka being supportive. But after my last post, nothing happened and I check the roadmap at least 5 times a week.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#14 » 14 Nov 2017, 13:17

Some things needs to be requested multiple times to be heard. The list of todo is already virtually endless for gfx. From time to time (once a month not more, I think) you could bump the thread.

Also if X people supports you but the rest does not, is not really a sign that the entire playerbase supports the idea.

In my opinion having a "commander AI" is not bad, but neither that interesting. It is harder to organize the bots by self organizing AIs, rather than having a director.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#15 » 14 Nov 2017, 18:37

Another thing I want to add is that while I do support this request, I also would rather wait until we could check from a perspective outside of its own, because otherwise the information the commander would get would be too limited to be useful

But yeah, in general, things are done when gfx does them, not just simply when multiple players agree to them. Give it some time, and see what happens

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#16 » 14 Nov 2017, 18:42

Bump: Logic Node (stuffed away in thread "2K17 Q1 Request Compilation")

G.M. [rogueleader]
Script
Script

Post#17 » 14 Nov 2017, 21:00

mcompany wrote:Another thing I want to add is that while I do support this request, I also would rather wait until we could check from a perspective outside of its own, because otherwise the information the commander would get would be too limited to be useful

But yeah, in general, things are done when gfx does them, not just simply when multiple players agree to them. Give it some time, and see what happens

Ok, thanks!
Also what did you mean about limited info for the commander ai? I assume you mean that without relative distance variables, it can't scan for distance variables and get the same results as a scan from the targeted robot. Sorry that was a mouthful. I mean (for example) that long range for the commader ai could be short range for a nother ally. Without relative distance variables, this will be an issue. Is that what you meant?

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#18 » 14 Nov 2017, 21:24

It could be interesting but would twist the existing system too much.
Let's imagine we have an AI on a base.
What happens when you have several bases on the map? When there's none?
Wouldn't it be weird to have actions like move or attack on a base?
Should those actions be filtered out at edition time? Meaning there should be a way to tell the game your are editing an AI for a base or a bot.
Plus, I find it more challenging/interesting to have to implement your strategy using a limited and variable number of agents.

G.M. [rogueleader]
Script
Script

Post#19 » 14 Nov 2017, 21:45

I didnt necessarily mean a base that runs a program. I just meant something that will keep track of variables and tag according to what it is scanning for. Lets say that there are no issues with distance variables etc. The most basic function to start off with if it were added, could be simply to scan and tag. No other actions except for tagging and team tagging.

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#20 » 15 Nov 2017, 05:51

2K17 Q1 Request Compilation

• Logic
    • New type of Node/Condition/Filter
    • Lets us compare values, and compute situations.
    • Basically, GreaterThan, LesserThan, Distance, Time, Counting Filters. The Logic Node will be a modified Condition Node that will have 2 Targets and both will have Filters (including Logic Filters).
    • Syntax: Target - Entity1 - Filters - Condition - Entity2 - Filters
    • Requires New Filters: MovingToTarget and FleeingFromTarget

Return to “Requests”