Max Count Node Leagues(New League)

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Max Count Node Leagues(New League)

Post#1 » 07 Oct 2017, 16:47

I propose we add 2 new Leagues to Gladiabots based on a maximum # of nodes. All 3 leagues would have their own separate Leaderboard to compete in, including our current mode right now(Unlimited). This would keep normal league the same as it is too. :)

These Leagues would be:
-25NC(node count)
-50NC
-Unlimited(Normal)

Adding Node Leagues directly improves game, here's why(short version):

-New players can compete immediately from the start
-Shows which nodes are necessary for Ai trees
-Develops tutorial and the game as a whole.

-Focus would be on efficiency rather than complexity
-Having a node league is FUN!

I think this would be a great way to give New players a chance to create competitive ais from the go. And in order to make a small ai super efficient, you want to learn as many features as possible. This would lead to better overall ai in Unlimited/Normal League as well! :D

Athelinde
Algorithm
Algorithm

Re: Max Count Node Leagues(New League)

Post#2 » 07 Oct 2017, 18:18

+1

WildLynx
Hello World
Hello World

Post#3 » 07 Oct 2017, 18:22

+1
https://stats.gladiabots.com/player?name=WildLynx

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#4 » 07 Oct 2017, 18:53

Unless all if the leagues can be played in at the same time I feel like it would be nearly impossible to enforce all

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#5 » 07 Oct 2017, 19:09

Also i dont think that new player will really get competitve as their ai will not be evolved which will be the main goal in this kind of league. Tournament with this kind of rule can be possible to organize if you really want it.

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#6 » 07 Oct 2017, 19:16

TheKidPunisher wrote:Also i dont think that new player will really get competitve as their ai will not be evolved which will be the main goal in this kind of league. Tournament with this kind of rule can be possible to organize if you really want it.

Well, speedruns usually have several different categories, so I doubt that's really a problem since they will be competitive at fighting with a different set of rules. For me though, I think it would have to be like it's own division played alongside the current "unlimited" system, similar to how unranked matches are separate from ranked matches

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#7 » 07 Oct 2017, 19:22

TheKidPunisher wrote:Also i dont think that new player will really get competitve as their ai will not be evolved which will be the main goal in this kind of league.

The whole mode would be competitive too(25NC/50NC). If a player gets to the point where there "simple" ai is complex enough to be over 50 nodes, they will make a version to compete in Unlimited mode, and continue to evolve it.

If a player does not get past 50 nodes, I doubt they would enjoy the normal(Unlimited mode) very much, and would probably quit the game soon after. To me this seems like a win for everybody.
Last edited by Revenge on 07 Oct 2017, 21:55, edited 6 times in total.

WildLynx
Hello World
Hello World

Post#8 » 07 Oct 2017, 19:27

To be realistic, the implementation will probably require a lot of work. For example, the game should keep different sets of recently assigned AIs for each League (when deploying a match). Also, separate leaderboards and so on.
But it would be very nice to see that thing in the game.

TheKidPunisher wrote:Also i dont think that new player will really get competitve as their ai will not be evolved which will be the main goal in this kind of league.
I don't think so either.
A good generic AI is unlikely to be implemented in 25NC. So it should be a competition of specialized AIs, highly dependent on a map and a bot setup. But it is cool too.
https://stats.gladiabots.com/player?name=WildLynx

LuBeNo
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#9 » 08 Oct 2017, 17:52

Revenge wrote:I propose we add 2 new Leagues to Gladiabots based on a maximum # of nodes.

These Leagues would be:
-25NC(node count)
-50NC
-Unlimited(Normal)

I would like this kind of modification. There has to be some easy way to switch several AIs per map.
Perhaps something like preset 1, 2 and 3.
My algorithm of life: if(self.tired) sleep(); else if(self.hungry) eat(); else follow(Jesus);

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#10 » 08 Oct 2017, 18:01

LuBeNo wrote:
Revenge wrote:I propose we add 2 new Leagues to Gladiabots based on a maximum # of nodes.

These Leagues would be:
-25NC(node count)
-50NC
-Unlimited(Normal)

I would like this kind of modification. There has to be some easy way to switch several AIs per map.
Perhaps something like preset 1, 2 and 3.

Yeah, I could get behind preset's for bots. :)

LuBeNo
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#11 » 08 Oct 2017, 18:18

Revenge wrote:Or just have a checkbox/icon that says "change all Ai to current" after changing 1 ai.

I don't see that on Trello, should i make a topic?

That doesn't suit the needs for normal mode where you may want to adjust different AIs to the single bots.
My algorithm of life: if(self.tired) sleep(); else if(self.hungry) eat(); else follow(Jesus);

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#12 » 09 Oct 2017, 19:03

I would be fun indeed but split the active players even more.

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#13 » 09 Oct 2017, 19:22

GFX47 wrote:I would be fun indeed but split the active players even more.

imo it'd be separate from ranked, like unranked. it could be like season resetted leagues, maybe?
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat

My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

Return to “Feature Requests”