Multiplying and dividing counters

FranchuFranchu
Hello World
Hello World

Multiplying and dividing counters

Post#1 » 06 Nov 2018, 23:47

You can add counters and substract them. It would be nice to multiply and divide them.
if not ok then die end

GFX47
Dev

Re: Multiplying and dividing counters

Post#2 » 08 Nov 2018, 10:35

Do you have any use case in mind?

FranchuFranchu
Hello World
Hello World

Post#3 » 08 Nov 2018, 21:18

Getting the proportion of resources the enemy scored to check the urgency of catching resources. Just checking "enemy score" would not be useful since it would greatly vary in importance in maps with 9 resources and in maps with 3. The soulution would be:

Code: Select all

urgency = (Resources + (Allies or enemies or myself) carrying resource + My score+Enemy score) / Enemy score
if not ok then die end

Radiaus
Hello World
Hello World

Post#4 » 09 Nov 2018, 06:04

Multiplication, division and other calculations can also be realized using addition and division.

However, now that the number of AI nodes has been limited, it is difficult to fit into the practical number of nodes.

For example, an interesting idea called a random number generator was presented, but how useful is it without multiplication or division?

With multiplication and division, I feel that someone will come up with something amazing idea more. I do not know if it will be public ^ ^
I am working on a programmer. I am a Japanese speaker. I can not write it without google translation. It is truly being helped. Wonderful experience!

M4L4
Script
Script

Post#5 » 09 Nov 2018, 13:34

i like the idea of being able to compare/compute raw values, right now we have to specify lots of things to account for every situation.

by comparing elements we could easily check res count vs enemy score advantage, how many enemies there are at certain range vs how many allies there are around me.

letting us adding/subtract etc. those values before comparing them, will give us plenty of ways to improve the workflow of their AIs and to smooth the layouts without being forced to hardcode every possible situation.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#6 » 10 Nov 2018, 17:23

As GFX said on discord, I wouldn't push too much on the computing side, lest to make the game more and more complicated (it is already amazing).

Unless more and more "you can use only X nodes" restriction get applied.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Return to “Feature Requests”