Bring back elemination matches

sollniss
Automaton
Automaton

Bring back elemination matches

Post#1 » 11 Sep 2018, 23:51

Allow zero resource maps in the random map generator. Team with more bots after 5min wins.

I think one of the reasons for the removal was that we had a lot of draws, but with a lot of new filters and conditions we see a lot more kills and strong pushes happening.

I mean, if we still have a lot of draws we could remove it again in the next patch.

ElvenMonk
Neural Network
Neural Network

Re: Bring back elemination matches

Post#2 » 12 Sep 2018, 01:44

Sure we will have only draws in top10. Elimination mode only differentiates by team setup, so We probably need more classes to make it entertaining. But still nothing against the request.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Re: Bring back elemination matches

Post#3 » 12 Sep 2018, 21:10

I'd say rather: increase the chances to get maps with opposite side bases. There the push is needed and that's it.

I remember that sollniss was one saying "elimination maps are boring. It is just drawing". (well, he complains often)

Don't get me wrong. I would play gladly only elimination maps, but actually this can be mixed well with resources, simply putting bases deep in the enemy side and increase the chance for those maps to happen.

Once you push the enemy on a corner (or outside) the enemy's half, you won the push and you would have won the elimination as well.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Return to “Feature Requests”