Greetings friends

Bombafat
Script
Script

Greetings friends

Post#1 » 07 Apr 2017, 14:02

Hello everyone,

I just want to say hello to you all. I just found out about this game this sunday by my roommate and i really enjoy it! Then I found this forum and since then I try to catching up with the discussions. I am really looking forward to be part of this community. Yesterday, I reached my first goal, to step in the top 20. Also I must admit that i am really not very stable there and I think I got lucky with some matchups yesterday. I have to learn and to experiment alot to challenging you top guys. But I am willing to improve furthermore to maintain my place there (maybe reaching top 10 at some point)... one must have goals ;)
I am really impressed by the AI of the top players and really like to learn from them. I will join the discord soon to may have some fruitfull discussions with some of you and just to have some chat during the game. A little bit about myself: I am from germany and doing my PhD at the moment. So I am mostly active between 7-12pm (GMT+1).

Cheers,

Bombafat

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Re: Greetings friends

Post#2 » 07 Apr 2017, 18:59

Hello and welcome to the forum!
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat

My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#3 » 07 Apr 2017, 22:38

Welcome. being top20 after few days is quite a feat. As far as I remember few players were so fast, normally they end up very high and then, either they stop playing :sad: or they keep the high score although playing less (it is understandable, once you dominate there is less traction in the game. Unless one considers the unavoidable tournaments!). See Ritter for example.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#4 » 08 Apr 2017, 04:57

Welcome.
You have already more than 800matches with only 1 week of playing! Impressive.
I hope you will continue to play when i will comeback in the ladder with my new AI.
I have spam some matches to reach lvl7 and unlock all features and then do test.
I am still working on a counter against machine gun tank+ sniper strategy (quite hard with only playing assault)

Bombafat
Script
Script

Post#5 » 08 Apr 2017, 10:29

Thank you. I must admit that i spammed some matches to get to lvl7. Yesterday my assumption, that i was only lucky getting into the top 20 holds true and I lost alot recently. I need to take some time to rebuild my whole AI since it is grown on my very first and therefore a huge mess.
With only assaults you are in a disadvantage, I would say specially on maps with a low number of bots. Good thing is - it is not ot long to get to lvl 7 and due to the Elo system it is easy to climb (and fall) the ladder, whenever you have an improved AI (or access to the other bots).

Kheops
Script
Script

Post#6 » 09 Apr 2017, 01:29

Welcome :)

Return to “Off topic”