Search found 197 matches

by harthag
14 Aug 2017, 23:51
Forum: Feature Requests
Topic: Health + Shield filter/condition
Replies: 13
Views: 909

Re: Health + Shield filter/condition

Athelinde wrote:Health² + Shield² + Distance²

I'm intrigued by your concept, and I certainly understand the application possibilities. But I'm confused by the equation itself, what does it mean, specifically?
by harthag
14 Aug 2017, 23:47
Forum: Feature Requests
Topic: Please mark videos as "seen" on replay start, not end
Replies: 7
Views: 570

Re: Please mark videos as "seen" on replay start, not end

Perhaps a better solution to ask for is declare win/loss the moment a player has stashed >50% available resources This has also been rrquested previously, but many players argued that there is too much valuable information available if the match runs the full time limit. Maybe an automatic "pa...
by harthag
05 Aug 2017, 07:53
Forum: General Discussions
Topic: Who is Master or Grand Master?
Replies: 54
Views: 4130

Re: Who is Master and Grandmaster?

I made it to GM, and stayed there for quite a while, until the change to the leagues. Though admittedly I hung out at the bottom of the league. What are your player names? Same as forum name, one and only account What is your year of birth? Early 80's Are you male or female? Male What countries did ...
by harthag
02 Aug 2017, 00:09
Forum: Questions
Topic: Bot stats
Replies: 59
Views: 4556

Re: Bot stats

pier4r wrote:...before were 30, now it seems are 93...

My testing shows 100 per burst, not 93.
by harthag
28 Jul 2017, 00:46
Forum: General Discussions
Topic: Match activity
Replies: 35
Views: 2025

Re: Match activity

Btw,I like the relegation idea. If there would be a top twenty league, every week the last three get denoted and vice versa. Sounds cool Thanks. It would have to be tweaked significantly from sports relegation because of fluctuating numbers of active players, but i figured something like this might...
by harthag
28 Jul 2017, 00:26
Forum: Map Creation
Topic: Multiplayer map pool purge
Replies: 32
Views: 2190

Re: Multiplayer map pool purge

I am still of the idea that the multiplaye rshould have 4 maps, rotated every 4-6 weeks I'm still confused why gfx wants to keep 8 maps instead of just keeping all maps that he does not consider "broken" ... more variety has always been something I believe would make this game better. A c...
by harthag
28 Jul 2017, 00:21
Forum: Feature Requests
Topic: Border as an object you can detect, move to and flee from
Replies: 5
Views: 413

Re: Border as an object you can detect, move to and flee from

This is already planned for an upcoming version
by harthag
27 Jul 2017, 20:51
Forum: General Discussions
Topic: Match activity
Replies: 35
Views: 2025

Re: Match activity

Sry for double post. Here i see mainly people from M and GM. Can we have the point of view of other league players (avaren,revenge and trinityofkirby are in diamond, it is the same for you?,and hartag and GIMRIC in platinum?...) I see a bit more variety than what the GM players describe. I think th...
by harthag
27 Jul 2017, 17:29
Forum: Bug Reports
Topic: More damage at point blank
Replies: 6
Views: 728

Re: More damage at point blank

TheKidPunisher wrote:At long range normally it is 1 bullet every 4 shots...
which is exactly 5 percent (shotgun's accuracy at long range) of the total bullets fired, which matches exactly what mcompany described.
by harthag
24 Jul 2017, 19:48
Forum: Questions
Topic: Disappeared Maps?
Replies: 2
Views: 312

Re: Disappeared Maps?

GFX47 wrote:Yep, I removed them because the game is not ready for 3 players maps.

What's missing before it's ready?
by harthag
22 Jul 2017, 07:44
Forum: Map Creation
Topic: Multiplayer map creation contest #3
Replies: 135
Views: 7506

Re: Multiplayer map creation contest #3

...Think of tic-tac-toe... So you're comparing Gladiabots to a solved game like tic-tac-toe? Not a complex one, like chess (unsolved so far, despite supercomputers attempting to solve it)? I think Gladiabots possibilities for AI complexity approaches, if not surpasses, chess. Until it's completely ...
by harthag
22 Jul 2017, 05:12
Forum: Map Creation
Topic: Multiplayer map creation contest #3
Replies: 135
Views: 7506

Re: Multiplayer map creation contest #3

Ein Stein wrote: best moves.

???
by harthag
21 Jul 2017, 20:14
Forum: Strategies
Topic: My current AI
Replies: 13
Views: 1601

Re: My current AI

sollniss wrote:Your Shotgun seems pretty suicidal always going into short range.

"But isn't that where it does the most damage?"
by harthag
21 Jul 2017, 17:15
Forum: Map Creation
Topic: Multiplayer map creation contest #3
Replies: 135
Views: 7506

Re: Multiplayer map creation contest #3

That's because asymmetric maps are imbalanced. When both sides play correctly, there's one side who will always win. I don't get the reason for this. I agree that every symmetric map is balanced, because of math. But there can also be balanced asymmetric maps. It would be challenging to (a) balance...
by harthag
21 Jul 2017, 00:15
Forum: Feature Requests
Topic: Speed increase
Replies: 13
Views: 742

Re: Speed increase

mcompany wrote:
mcompany wrote:
mcompany wrote:If I had a nickel for how many suggestions has been said before a million times...

If I had a nickel for how many times mcompany quoted himself quoting himself ... :P
by harthag
20 Jul 2017, 23:58
Forum: Release candidates
Topic: Alpha 9
Replies: 59
Views: 3574

Re: Alpha 9

4) Tournaments The players should commit their AIs before the first game starts and before any pairing is known. Or one could study the other player and build some anti strategies. Will speed up the process too. Unless it was a tournament specifically designed for generic AIs, I disagree that this ...
by harthag
20 Jul 2017, 00:08
Forum: Map Creation
Topic: Multiplayer map creation contest #3
Replies: 135
Views: 7506

Re: Multiplayer map creation contest #3

GFX47 wrote:I hope there will be more voters than map creators XD

I'll be a voter but not a map creator, so there's a start...
by harthag
20 Jul 2017, 00:00
Forum: Map Creation
Topic: Multiplayer map creation contest #3
Replies: 135
Views: 7506

Re: Multiplayer map creation contest #3

And I don't think they will be to many draws because rushing for the resources can't be a good solution. There will be some interaction around the bases. If there would be one extra resource this would become more like the king map (which is one of the best imho but we don't need two of them). Well...
by harthag
19 Jul 2017, 22:01
Forum: Map Creation
Topic: Multiplayer map creation contest #3
Replies: 135
Views: 7506

Re: Multiplayer map creation contest #3

TheKidPunisher wrote:the map is so small that you cant flee without getting crashed in the wall...

If I had to guess, I would say that is actually the answer right there.

Go to advanced search